nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Bramley

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Bramley
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:12:29 -0500

It is the best tasting apple in my orchard for eating out of hand. (my
opiinion) Of course, I'm not in the apple region so can't compare it to
the better apples in colder and more miserable areas.
Black twig is second, but they didn't survive this year's drought.
Centennial Crab does ok here and is beautiful. Wish I had planted a
whole orchard of them. Small but very tasteful.
Bramley is better if not picked too soon here. I don't even look at them
until the last of Sept. They aren't pretty and are small but the flavor
and texture is tops in my book. Wish my Braeburn fruit wouldn't split,
it suits me for taste also.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8 NC/SC Eastern Border Sandhills/Pee Dee River Region