nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Gold Cherry (source?)

  • From: "Sam Brungardt" <sam739is@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Gold Cherry (source?)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:41:42 -0600

From: Rodney Eveland <Reveland@WYOMING.com>
To: Nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [NAFEX] Black Gold Cherry (source?)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:45:04 -0700

This cherry has been getting accolades lately and I would like to get
some on dwarfing rootstocks. Raintree had them. Then the price went up
and now they are no longer avail.

Cornell is quite proud of them (Black and White Gold).
Their press release is at
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pubs/press/current/2cherries02.html

Although I live in zone 3 many zone 4 plants have done well around here
and if Global Warming is a reality I'm already in zone 4 so I want to
enjoy it while I can.
Sorry, but I forgot to mention that Jung's sells both Black Gold and White Gold as both dwarf and standards. They use one of the Gisela rootstocks for the dwarf, and bud to Mazzard for the standard.--Sam Brungardt

Rodney Eveland - Gillette, Wy