nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Overlooked apple

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Overlooked apple
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 17:56:36 -0500

Hello All,

Just returned home from Woodwind's Nursery open house in Bluevale, Ontario.  They must have had 20 different varieties of lesser known apples, out for the tasting.  FANTASTIC way to taste apples and buy stock.

Winter Banana was there.

Sadly, there are some changes going on at Woodwinds and it may be sold or broken up come the spring.

Their webpage is; http://www.woodwindsnursery.com/Index.html

If we lose Woodwinds it will be a terrible loss.

Shelly (of Woodwinds) tells me that the last pass at Fred Jansen's collection occurred a while ago, and no more scions will be coming out of there.  Another terrible loss.

Later,
Tom

Ribes60@aol.com wrote:

Ginda, this os one of my favprite apples, but it is not found often here in PA where I live. Another apple that I like that is not often found is Winter Banana.

Ed Mashburn
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857