nafex - [NAFEX] Wine to charity

  • From: <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Wine to charity
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:00:44 -0500

mIEKAL commented that he didn't need all the wine he made. There is a
fellow in our local garden club who always donates a few bottles of his wine
to fund-raising auctions. His wine is excellent and widely praised, so the
bids tend to go up in the 20's at least. A nice thing about our group has
always been the fact that the city people with the money and the country
people with the goods meet there. So you may find that even with very little
money to spend, you can help your local organizations with your surplus, you
just have to take the time to bottle and label it nicely.
My own winemaking efforts never got so good that I'd try it, but I feel
I've offered good value with some of my canned goods. Some years ago I made
plum butter from a local damson tree that was way too sour for us. A guy in
the garden club swapped me for some once, and after that whenever I'd donate
some to the auction, he'd always buy it, said his kids were addicted to the
stuff. Donna