nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar

  • From: hector black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:28:35 -0700

Yes, and they are supposed to write on the label that it contains sulfites
because some people are sensitive to it. . I think the purpose is to stop
the fermentation at a particular stage, and perhaps also keep the wine from
spoiling, although usually the alcohol content takes care of that.

Part of the fun of home made wine is that we don't stop the fermentation
at any particular point so the results will vary quite a bit from year to
year.
Hector B.