nafex - [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:55:39 -0400

I have made many wines and a few vinegars. If your wine is over 10% alcohol, it WILL NOT be able to convert to vinegar till you dilute it just below 10%. All my wines were 11%. Even wines will stop working at 11% alcohol most every time. With my test equipment I made sure I was at least 11% or over. My books state this. I also have an all glass still which I converted my lesser wines to alcohol. Oh yes I quit drinking and smoking over 40 years ago. Finally gave all my wine and barreled alcohol that was over 25 years aged to a brother in law. about 10 years ago. There were at least 22 gallons. some of the alcohol checked out at 160. Now to find someone "in the family" that would like all the test equiptment, jugs 5 gal, cappers, corkers etc to.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.