nafex - [NAFEX] cyanide

  • From: Bob and Winnie <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: nafex list post <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cyanide
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:24:05 -0600

Bill,
I make and sell chokecherry wine commercially and not only do I ferment
on the seeds, I actually crack about 20% of the pits in order to extract
some of the good stuff inside. This imparts a very distintive
nutty/spiceness to the finished wine that is quite enjoyable.
No one dead of cyanide poisoning yet!
Right now I have about 200 pounds of dried chokecherry pits that will be
sold for reclamation purposes for $3.50 per pound.
bob Z4 Utah