nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Natures bounty; How God provides for his people by the fluffy one.

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Natures bounty; How God provides for his people by the fluffy one.
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 01:17:43 +0000

So much for gardening being a peaceful,calming activity !

tc

From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

Natures bounty; How God provides for his people by the fluffy one.

Ya’ll are missing out on some fine finger-licking good eating by snubbing yur ol’ groundhog. Seriously, “real woodsmen” know a groundhog is excellent eating.

It is that same old snobbish American palate that detest the Carp a fish that Europeans crave.

Eat the sucker, that is what God put him here for. Unlike most so called varmints you do not need to slow cook or get all fussy in your preparation. (This assume you have a real Woodchuck a RockChuck, they are gray not red). Woodchucks are very hygienic animals. If you have a “gray” just take care when skinning to carefully remove the red sacks on the forelegs, they are scent like glands and a bit oily. If you crossed a rabbit with a duck you would get something approaching the taste of woodchuck. It is fairly light, not over powering yet very satisfying. It is not greasy like a duck, and not rich yet it is not quite as light as chicken breast.

The only thing is you really need to take it out clean and without surprise otherwise the lactic acid they release when over stimulated destroys the quality of the meat. I clubbed one about 3 years ago that was annoying me in the garden and the meat wasn’t as good as I remembered. Then I realized I made a green horn mistake and should have shot him with a 22. Oh well…

TFB

Message archives are here:
To view your user options go to:
YOUR email address)