nafex - RE: [NAFEX] orchard ground-cover options

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] orchard ground-cover options
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:13:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Does the black plastic result in earlier bloom, and increase the
possibility of frost damage to blooms?

Also, with less and less snow cover in the winter, does the black plastic
risk sunscald type damage? The ground would be warming and cooling at an
increased rate compared to trees with no black plastic mulch.

Thanks,
tom

--
Southwest Ontario