nafex - [NAFEX] Article on wineries in the U.S., plus question on girdling

  • From: "Raby, Brian {D204~Indianapolis}" <BRIAN.RABY@ROCHE.COM>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Article on wineries in the U.S., plus question on girdling
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:23:44 -0400

Interesting article in U.S.A. Today on wineries in the U.S.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/vacations/destinations/2002/2002-06-28-wine-main.htm

Also have a question regarding the need to girdle the vines for seedless
grapes, regarding timing and the specific varieties that need it. I thought
I had saved the article on it, but I can't find it. Can anyone refresh my
memory?

Brian Raby
Sheridan, IN, where I saw the first of many more to come Japanese beetles
munching on the grape and raspberries leaves yesterday.