nafex - [NAFEX] Nanking cherry tip

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Nanking cherry tip
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

I remember some time ago some one had a comment that
Nanking cherries
were to small for thier cherry pitter and to much
effort by any other way.

I have toyed around with the ones I have and I have
found that a large soda
straw pits them quite easily. Just push the end down
on the top (or bottom)
of the cherry. The straw fits perfectly around the
cheery pit.
If the cherry is firm you are left with looks like a
red
pitted olive.

They still may not be worth the bother for most
people, but I thought I would
share it anyway.

Robert