nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What are you doing about ticks?

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What are you doing about ticks?
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:38:56 -0400

Charlie, you discourage me. I haven't seen any ticks yet, but you are
quite close to me, so it's probably a matter of time.

On the bright side, it appears to take about a day of the tick being
embedded in you to catch Lyme disease - so if you check yourself
carefully when you come in, you will probably be okay.

I can vouch for the critters: deer, coyote, foxes, woodchucks, skunks,
rabbits, hares, raccoons, opossums, red & grey squirrels, chipmunks,
mice, voles, are all lurking around built-up suburbia.

Ginda Fisher
Eastern Massachusetts, zone 6