nafex - [NAFEX] quince rust, yuck

  • From: boyd manges <bmanges@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] quince rust, yuck
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 5 year old boyers quince which is developing
classic cankers and fruit/foliage signs of quince or
perhaps cedar apple rust (I have no idea where the
junipers are, but we cut a large hedge down 2 years
ago). my question is--1)in order to save me from
constant spraying with fungicides would I be smart in
topgrafting a disease resistant variety of quince onto
the health trunk 2) does anyone know if the new
Russian quinces are rust resistant?