nafex - [NAFEX] (Fwd) [nafex]-Yahoo: Re: question about lonicera

  • From: "Greg Miller" <gsmiller@cet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] (Fwd) [nafex]-Yahoo: Re: question about lonicera
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:46:38 -0800

Manually forwarded from the old list. --G

Hector & mIEKAL,
Hector, I defer to your greater experience with these shrubs, but
I wanted to add a note: I purchased 1 plant as (lonicera caerulea
edulis) from ForestFarm and two plants from Hidden Springs. One of
the plants from your/your daughters nursery got hit w/ lawnmower and
the next year by RoundUp (neither by me [long story]) so I now believe
it to be RIP. Of the two remaining plants, there are subtle
differences (for one thing the HS plant leafs/blooms out a week or
more earlier), but much less than differences between many apple
trees. It looks like they are cross-fertile, as it looks like I'm
going to get some fruit this year, and if I had to venture an opinion,
I would say they are the same species.

Now FF has disappointed me w/ at least two plants - one of which I
know isn't what I asked for (it was supposed to be Lonicera
fragrantissima - an early blooming (before apple) fragrant shrub
honeysuckle, and the plant is vinous, and blooms in summer), and the
other was a tricolor beech that is not showing much in the way of
color variation (although it could be a case of reversion). So it
could still be kamchatka, what are the differences supposed to be?

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline

--- In nafex@y..., hector black <hblack@T...> wrote:
> Hi!
> The old man thinks kamchatka is probably correct. Hector

Pallasii.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---------------------~--> Buy Stock for $4 and no minimums. FREE Money
2002. http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM