nafex - [NAFEX] autumn bliss rasp.

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] autumn bliss rasp.
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:33:59 +0000

Today I was digging up part of an area of Autumn Bliss raspberries, (Autumn Bliss are dicey in this zone, I'd say zone 4 would be better). I have a few to trade for other hardy berries or grapes or?. If anyone is interested contact me privatly.

This spring I am adding Polana, Summit, and K-81-6 to my experimental plantings, will report on them as appropriate .

I am digging this "late" because there is still ice 4" down..but I am seeing a few new berry plant shoots coming up already! I guess the compromise is to have some new shoot damage and some deep root damage both. Would like to hear how and when other northerners transplant raspberries. No swelling on apple tips yet,the only buds pushing so far are nankings and jostaberries.

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3