nafex - [nafex] Raised bed for fruit tree

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Raised bed for fruit tree
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:51:51 -0500

Hello,

My topsoils is OK, but 12" down I hit hard, thick, rubbery
clay. Can I put a fruit tree in a raised bed 4'x4'x24"?

Should the insides (except bottom) of the raised bed be
lined in heavy plastic?

What is optimal for a fruit tree in a raised bed?
Constructing the bed using old oak pallets.

Thanks,
Tom

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.