nafex - [nafex] [From [VITICULTURE] Cold Climate Viticulture Books]

  • From: Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: nafex <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] [From [VITICULTURE] Cold Climate Viticulture Books]
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:14:39 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [VITICULTURE] Cold Climate Viticulture Books
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:14:06 -0500
From: Dan Strickland <strickd@FASTRANSIT.NET>
To: VITICULTURE@listserv.tamu.edu

Forwarded from the Canada list.
Superb document for cold climate growers. Best part = free!
Geoff Heinricks and cohorts obviously spent a lot of time,
and did a great job.

Also, while I have your attention, I will provide a review
of the book just published by Tom Plocher and Bob Parke, in
Minnesota, called "Northern Winework". It is also an
excellent cold weather viticulture reference. Contains many
"pearls" about cold climate viticulture that you can't
really find anywhere else. However, it is not really a
stand alone book for beginners, so those people in cold
areas who are new to viticulture will still need one or two
of the basic books, as well as lists such as these, and as
many local growers as they can find to network with.

Dan

--

-Joe Hecksel