nafex - [nafex] stratification of persimmon seeds

  • From: "lostman_amiga" <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] stratification of persimmon seeds
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:32:25 -0000

Hey all,

I recently save a large batch of asian persimmon seed to try to germinate
them. I havent found much information on how to doo this, but I was
told that they need some chilling. I also nicked the seed to try
it along. Because the weather down here has been unusually warm
(till recently), I have stored them in most soil pots in the fridge.

My question is how much chill do they need? Will they start growing in
the fridge like my Nanking Cherries did?

I huess I am conserned because I always considered Asian Persimmons
to be somewhat of a subtropical fruit. Maybe it just the taste :)