nafex - Re: [nafex] shipova (Pyrus x Sorbu

  • From: "Greg or Marie Jordan" <mgjordan@concentric.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] shipova (Pyrus x Sorbu
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 09:42:41 -0700

I have a Jonathan apple tree that grew the first 2 years I had it. It then
stopped growing for the next 6 years. I read somewhere that beating the
trunk with a rolled up news paper can get a stalled tree growing. Thought
the idea was stupid but had nothing to loose. I tried it. ( When no one
was around. ) The next year it took off. That was about ten years ago. The
tree is still growing and bearing well. I know it sounds stupid but it
worked.
Greg Jordan
Zone 5