nafex - [nafex] Virus Info

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Virus Info
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:17:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

We think we have found the worm virus that someone on the NAFEX list has;

W32.Badtrans.B@mm is a MAPI worm that emails
itself out using different file names. It also
creates the file \Windows\System\Kdll.dll. It
uses functions from this file to log keystrokes.

If you have a file named "Kdll.dll" on your hard drive you are infected.

To learn more about this virus go to;

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.html

Sorry to bother the list with this, but someone on the list has the virus.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Tom

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95