nafex - [RibesNAFEX] TIRA?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: RibesNAFEX@topica.com
  • Subject: [RibesNAFEX] TIRA?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:25:54 -0500

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about TIRA (The International Ribes Association)?

I visited their web page ( http://www.msu.edu/user/sleightd/tira/index.html ), but I am looking for personal opinions of the group.  I see that Ed Mashuburn has contributed to their newsletter.  They also do not mention how much their dues are.  Luckily for me there is a chapter no too far from me.

Also, has anyone heard of grafting bush type ribes to a tree form of ribes (R. aureum)?  It would certainly make an unusual ornamental.  It is mentioned on this web page;

http://ssfruit.cas.psu.edu/chapter10/chapter10d.htm

Thanks for any information you can offer on TIRA or this "tree" variety of ribes.

Later,
Tom
--
Thomas Olenio