nafex - Re: [nafex] Redflesh apple ID

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Redflesh apple ID
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:34:19 -0600

At 03:02 PM 11/03/2001 +0000, Vic wrote:
> I am currently waiting for a dark purple leaved seedling of 'Hampshire'
> to fruit hoping for a red fleshed edible apple that will be at least
> above small sized.

Vic shared scions from her Hampshire seedling with me this spring, and
while I may or may not be impressed with the fruit when it bears, I will
say that it has the darkest purple wood I've ever seen - looks like someone
squashed a pokeberry on it. Don't know if that pigment is color fast, but
if someone were interested in growing it for the ornamental quality of the
wood, it might be worthy of trial.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

Internal Cell Phone Antenna
Boosts reception on all cellular phones.
Just $19.99 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L11sED/PkNDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM