nafex - [nafex] mini bud grafts

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] mini bud grafts
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:45:12 +0000

This August I had about 40 small diameter bud grafts to do.
I just added two pics of this to the nafex home site (files) at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nafex>. These are blown-up photos of 1/16"
dia.(1.6mm.) prunus stock being grafted (stripped down for the photo).
I haven't tried this exact method previously, but doing the standard 'T cut
and peel bark back' is just not an option on such small dia. stock.

Leaving on two thirds of the 'peel' works great as a clamp to hold the bud
scion. I'm curious what real grafters do in this situation. I'm just
muddling about. Will report next spring how its worked out. Mn. Del
(if someone wants to see these pics and can't open the nafex site i can send
as an attachment privatly)

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM