nafex - Re: [nafex] Climate Exchange

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Climate Exchange
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:05:27 +0000

Don, when you say "these new thornless trailing blackberries, Doyle and
Triple Crown," are they anything like dewberries?
I grew up in southern NH zone 5-6 and what we called blackberries then, I
later found out were actually dewberries. There are many types, but mostly
they were large and just like regular blackberries except the plants crept
along the ground. Upright or real blackberries never seem to taste quite so
good. I never had a chance to move any to this zone. One would expect them to
be less prone to frost damage provided there is snow cover. Maybe these two
varieties you mention are crosses between the two types?
vic NH zone 3

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM