nafex - Re: [nafex] Neem Oil and Peaches

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Neem Oil and Peaches
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:40:53 -0500

Ward Barnes wrote:
>At the recommendation of a NAFEX member I tried Neem oil on my peach trees.
>The results were favorable on brown rot, but, not as good as I had hoped.
>am expecting better results next year as I was unable to get the oil
applied
>until after the brown rot had a start on some of the fruit.

Peaches are tricky about any fungal and bacterial infestation. I have found
from experience (infestations that defoliated my peach trees) that you must
spray neem when the trees are bare, before bud break, about the time you
apply dormant oil. This application smothers or deters in some manner
fungal spores and dormant bacteria left over from the previous season. They
can't get a foothold. I then follow up with another application of neem at
petal fall and a third when fruit is about the size of a quarter. The trees
are totally disease free with this regime.
Doreen Howard

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM