nafex - Re: [nafex] Crandall Currants

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Crandall Currants
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:05:05 -0700

Title: Re: [nafex] Crandall Currants
As someone who has had Crandall for nearly 40 years, stake them.  And don't be afraid to thin the skinny stuff this winter, but leave more older canes for a while.  This kind of condition usually occurs when you have lots of new bearing shoots, such as after cutting the plant all off the year before.  Leave the shoots to get more woody and shorten them back by a third or more.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at http://www.bunchgrapes.com