nafex - [nafex] Re: Kerr

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Kerr
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 08:23:45 -0500

I like the Kerr fruits(or at least those borne by the two trees I purchased
labeled as Kerr) - small(2-2.5"), red apples, with crisp, juicy, subacid
white flesh. I'll agree, they do seem to be shy bearers, and relatively
slow growers. Don't know (or recall) what rootstock mine are on; first one
I planted as a 3' whip got fireblight its maiden season and blighted back
almost to the graft union before I realized what had happened. Has regrown
and fruited since then.
This is one that would probably fit into the 'lunchbox' apple category.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM