nafex - Re: [nafex] Vitamins, yes! Beer, yes! Soap, nope!!!

  • From: "Mark D'Angelo" <mdangelo@primary.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Vitamins, yes! Beer, yes! Soap, nope!!!
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:47:35 -0500

The purpose of this mix is to increase the trees resistance to C.A.R
,fireblight,critters etc,it is not to increase growth. Animals seem
to hate the taste of b complex vitamins on anything and the yeast,in my
homebrew beer, does seem to overwhelm C.A.R. The trees growth is
already pretty good anyway + ,although we have very high humidity,we get rain
only occasionally here and it comes in storms almost always
and so I don't want to add stress to the trees by fertilizing them and
causeing them to try to grow when it gets so dry. In essence,its a
stress reliever

Hortus wrote:

> reply to:
> Subject: vitamins
> I mix one multivitamin in a 5 gallon sprayer, a cup of beer,
> and a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent, and that's
> it for my apple and pear,peach,and plum trees. I try to do
> this about once every 3 or 4 weeks The trees are in a steamy
> zone 5 near St.Louis and they do just fine
>
> =============
>
> This sure sounds like a great idea to drink, especially if u
> up the volume of beer.
> Cut the soap cause it will cause a terrrrr-ble after taste
> and too much suds with the beer.
>
> Seriously, we have done quite a bit of research on the role
> of vitamins on the role of plant growing.
> There is some reason to believe that the B vitamins can
> improve growth, however, classical horticultural research
> (peer reviewed university research) is in-conclusive.
>
> We have looked a the 'formulas' of the snake oils (and the
> 'scientific" research behind them) ... the verbiage is
> better then the physical result.
>
> Specific vitamins that are useful for human and animals are
> different that than multipurpose soluble fertilizer salts
> taken up and used by plants and algae's.
> They are metabolized by cells differently in plants and
> animals.
> it is better to use an all purpose soluble fertilizer on
> your trees than your mix.
> We like the soluble fertilizers cause of their rapid uptake
> during the shorter growing season (unless you select a dry
> fertilizer will have a schedule uptake during the active
> growing season.
>
> regards
> Joel

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM