nafex - [nafex] re when is it too late to field graft?

  • From: ddavidson@mwci.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] re when is it too late to field graft?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 06:13:07 -0000

Hi All NAFEXERS
Ed YOU ARE DEPENDABLE!! Love ya!! Tom and Don, Thanks for
responding. I;m a beginner too. Hence Grafting quuestions... I
can barley type!! Yes here in (25 mi. NNWof Rockford ,Il. In Dec.
we broke the All time record for snowfall.!! So much for GLOBAL
WARMING.11 Anyway , why B9"s I can:t remember why I thought they
were the best. Except that Frank Foltz .. North Wind Nursery...
was buying some and He is my mentor!! I like the Mnn. releases
Keepsake.. It was my first wake-up apple. I;m sure I;ll get alot
more. Anyway he tought me to graft etc. and started me down the
path. I'm soooo glad to know that I'm not the only one who;s
ambitions have ggotten ahead of them. I didn't get the grafting done
last year ,, I guess its normal. B.9 sounded right ( not much
land. and M27 (mini dwarfs to explore more. AMini orshard.
Any way I guess I'm at about the end time for spring grafting the
B9 M27 is still tight I have some dormnt wood still . Hate to put
it in the freezer. I;ll never do justice to everyone who gave me
scion wood.. Except I have started some people under me too.. and I
know its responsibilty that noone can fully live up to...Right? ....
Later, Dennis

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM