nafex - Re: [nafex] Branch Grafting

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Branch Grafting
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 05:07:22 -0400

Tom:

Whatever graft technique you are comfortable with will work. However
one other aspect in topworking branches, trees, etc. needs some
attention. That is support or a splint to support it during typical
thunderstorms. The whipping and related resistance from leaves often
cause them to break, especially prior to hardening off (fully knitted tissue).

Good luck.

Ed

Tom Olenio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best type of graft to graft a lateral branch?
>
> My father inlaw has asked me to graft a single branch to an apple tree.
>
> I want the graft to be strong enough and I assume technique is critical.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
> --
> Thomas Olenio
> Ontario, Canada
> Hardiness Zone 6a

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM