nafex - Re: [nafex] Southern Grapes

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Southern Grapes
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:08:00 -0800

If you mean muscadine grapes, go to www.isons.com (Ison's Nursery in GA).
For bunch grapes, you need to look for nurseries in Florida that have things
like Stover, Blue Lake, Lake Emerald, Blanc Du Bois, Miss Blue, Miss Blanc,
Conquistador, etc. T. V. Munson bred grapes that had very good resistance
to Pierce's Disease for the south, like Champanel, Lomanto, Carman, and
others. I only have about two of his grapes that I know are able to grow in
the South - Munson and America, though Delicatessan might make it where PD
isn't too strong.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom See new additions to the site, Feb. 2001,
plus word on my grape book.

----------
>From: "Ron " <oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com>
>To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [nafex] Southern Grapes
>Date: Mon, Mar 26, 2001, 4:58 PM
>

>Hi Folks,
> A fellow nurseryman in eastern North Carolina contacted me recently to
>ask if I knew a source from which he could purchase a large number of
>"Southern" grapes. As an apple grower, I couldn't help him.
>
>Ron & Suzanne Joyner
>Big Horse Creek Farm
>e-mail: oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com
>web site: www.bighorsecreekfarm.com

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM