nafex - Re: [nafex] importation of scions?

  • From: "JERROLD KOERNER" <j.f.koerner@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] importation of scions?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:12:07 -0900

I tried a couple of times to get the Brogdale Horticultural Trust people to
send me scionwood. I have a current USDA Import License but Brogdale said
that they could not meet the disease free requirements of the permit,
claiming that they had a 2% incidence of Brown Rot. That was a few years
back and things may have changed by now. I don't know if you have enough
time to get a permit before you leave. But if you are successful please
bring back some scions of Summer Golden Pippin, an apple that Lee Calhoun
mentions in his book on Old Southern Apples as being grown in western North
Carolina for many years prior to 1900. The variety now appears to be
extinct in the U.S.
Jerry Appleseed.

----------
>From: tugger@netreach.net
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] importation of scions?
>Date: Fri, Feb 23, 2001, 6:48 PM
>

> I will be visiting England at the end of March and wonder how one
> goes about legally bringing back to this country apple scions. Can
> anyone enlighten me or refer me to the appropriate body. Thanks
> Mike

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kWP7PD/pYNCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM