nafex - Re: [nafex] bonsai apples

  • From: "JERROLD KOERNER" <j.f.koerner@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] bonsai apples
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:55:59 -0900

Mike, Out in the nursery rows we frequenty have small one and two year old
trees that flower and set apples. Some of these trees are barely 24" tall
when they set fruit. We are always told to never let a young tree do this
as it will permanently stunt the growth of the tree. I know I should rub
off the flowers as soon as they appear but by curiosity over what the apples
will be like always wins out, and I have to admit that it does indeed stunt
the growth of some of these trees. Jerry Appleseed

----------
>From: tugger@netreach.net
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] bonsai apples
>Date: Thu, Feb 1, 2001, 2:02 AM
>

> where can I get information as to how to bonsai apple trees? What
> type of rootstocks should I use and will it work? thanks
> Mike Tomlinson

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/981079055/