nafex - Re: [nafex] kaki X american persimmons?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] kaki X american persimmons?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:04:27 -0600

At 10:31 AM 02/01/2001 -0500, Scottwrote:
>Noticed that One green world and Hidden Springs are offering hybrid
>persimmons. Has anyone given them a try? How about the fruit quality?

I've got Geneva Long and Rossseyanka grafted and growing in my orchard, but
neither has fruited yet.
Jerry Lehman had an article in POMONA within the last two years, detailing
his experience with Rosseyanka in his orchard in Terre Haute, IN.
Seems like I recall he indicated the tree looked more like the D.kaki
parent, fruits were more like D.virginiana; out of 85 fruits produced in
'98, there were 12 seeds.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY