nafex - Re: [nafex] Blueberries

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Blueberries
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:09:29 -0500

I have a couple of St. Cloud. They seem healthy, and the berries taste
very good. They are sweet and have a good blueberry flavor. They are
not huge berries, not much larger than the large end of wild
blueberries. (I was looking for small berries, the better to cook into
pancakes.) Mine are young, and the bunnies got most of the fruiting
buds last year, so I don't know how productive they are. There are lots
of buds (behind mesh) this winter. The bushes have attractive fall
foliage, and the flowers are mildly ornamental, too.

Ginda Fisher
Eastern Mass, zone 6

Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

> Hello all,
> My usual nursery carries 3 varieties of blueberries that are hybrids
> between highbush and lowbush: Chippewa, Friendship and St-Cloud. I am
> considering trying some (or all). Anyone among this community that has
> experience with them?
> Any input would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Claude, Quebec (zone 4)