nafex - [nafex] Real Audio - Broadcasts - Gardening

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Real Audio - Broadcasts - Gardening
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:01:00 -0500

Hi,

Faced with the elimination of local gardening shows from my
listening area, I have begun looking for web broadcasts that
pertain to gardening and fruit. This is what I have found.

There are a lot more web broadcasts than you might imagine.

I use Real Audio and it is one of those free software
packages you can download.

A real good example of some Real Audio gardening files can
be found at this site;

http://www.halifax.cbc.ca/inthegarden/radio.html

Some of the archives talk about;

November 6, 1998 - ... best mulch
for young apple trees, growing black walnut
trees from the nuts

October 9, 1998 - ...growing chestnut
trees, rejuvenating old fruit trees

September 18, 1998 - ... keeping deer out
of the vegetable garden

September 4, 1998 - ... pruning raspberries,
composting, yellow transparent apple tree

August 14, 1998 - Topics include: growing
apple trees from seed, black currant bushes
with no fruit, apple trees with apple scabs,
mould on concord grapes, walnut trees, raspberry
canes.

The trick is having a fast modem for the Real Audio to play
flawlessly.

If you are like me, and are missing the old radio broadcasts
regarding gardening you may enjoy this. It is not the same
thing, but pretty close.

If you know of other Real Audio sites that deal with
gardening and fruit, I would love to hear about them.

Regards,
Tom

(PS: There are Real Video gardening web broadcasts too, but
I will leave that to someone with a faster modem than mine)

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980885862/

  • [nafex] Real Audio - Broadcasts - Gardening, Tom Olenio, 01/30/2001