nafex - Re: [nafex] honeylocust pods

  • From: hector black <hblack@TWLakes.Net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] honeylocust pods
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:19:37 -0800

Hi Lucky - Feels kind of weird to disagree with Arnoldia, but I planted
seeds of thornless honeylocust which we think was the thornless Schofer
variety from a guy in Michigan. They came up about 75% thornless (out of
maybe 25 trees). Notice the same thing with seedlings of Milwood and
Calhoun. Thorny honeylocust are probably 500 ft. from the orchard of
honeylocusts so we are presuming that most of these are pollinating one
another. Hector Black zone 6