nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:06:04 -0500

Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Joe,
>
> You don't need to justify them to me. I was just suprise that you
> were unhappy w/ varieties like Ashmead's Kernel which always seems to
> get rave reviews for taste (and did well at a mini-apple tasting I
> did this Fall).
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6

I was also surprised, and a little disappointed. Ashmead's Kernal won
hands down in my family's taste test this year. (It was everyone's
favorite. Our second choices varied.) I've grafted a couple of twigs,
and am hoping not to have too much trouble growing it.

Ginda
Eastern Mass, zone 6

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/978062620/