nafex - Re: [nafex] flat scarlet mite

  • From: "GIANNI-2" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] flat scarlet mite
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:53:46 -0500

Now I think I know what was working on all the fragaria accessions I received from
Corvallis this summer.
Fortunately this is a seperate growing area from my usual. I did notice that some sort
of mite or pest was sucking nutrients from leaves as evidenced by a mite infestation
but I thought this had been contracted by the common red spider mite....
Neem oil spray is an organic remedy that I will use come spring.
Adrien, will the  flat mite be killed off in a normal New England (NH-Z-5/6) winter?
Any known treatments available?
Thanks very much for the notification...
Best wishes,
Gianni