nafex - Re: [nafex] Digest Number 550

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Digest Number 550
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 00 12:57:51 -0700

>for anyone interested in self-education it is the most fascile & adaptable
>medium most of us have access to. a lot of folks here have valuable info
>that
>rarely appears in books, but could easily be transferred to the net..
Miekal; I am most definitely a self-educator, and I love my computer
(usually) but I gotta say, books are my first choice- a major reason I chose
to move to (rural) Benton co., so as to be with both a good public and a land
grant U library. Why? For me the "computer interface" is frustrating in the
extreme and doesn't fit my learning pattern; I scan and skim and move fast
and find what I'm after by "feel", rely on visuals alot; of course I don't
have the latest machine- but computer pictures are rude and crude and slow
and I avoid them as much as possible. I'm still learning computers- I guess I
always will be- but it is very evident to me that some of us have brains that
match what's been engineered, better than others. For me, a computer is a
super typewriter. Now if a software engineer could make it more than that for
me- I'd like it, and he might make some money.
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/975697755/

  • Re: [nafex] Digest Number 550, rick valley, 12/01/2000