nafex - Re: [nafex] Newsgroups - Fruit

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Newsgroups - Fruit
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:53:32 +0530

Rarefruits in another newsgroup. It is quite active. The membership is
over 350 whereas in NAFEX it is only 209.

C. PARMAR

At 10:02 AM 11/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Although newsgroups are somewhat passé, while reading an old
>Pomana I found a reference to the following news group
>"alt.agriculture.fruit" and I followed the newsgroup up.
>
>Just wanted to let you know that this newsgroup almost seems
>defunct. Intermixed with the postings for sex sites and
>free money there were a mear sprinkling of fruit related
>posts. If you want to see what a reasonable group can
>become when left unattended vist this newsgroup.
>
>In searching the newsgroups for "fruit" related groups there
>were just a few. Of these "alt.fruit.apples" and
>"alt.fruit.pears" are totally defunct with no postings at
>all (not even sex or free money related, not just merely
>dead, they are quite sincerely dead).
>
>Does anyone know of any active, responsible newsgroups
>dealing with fruit (other than NAFEX of course)? Have
>people moved away from newsgroups in such mass that they
>barely function anymore? It has been a lot of years since I
>visited a newsgroup and it did not realize that they were in
>such a state.
>
>Thank goodness for NAFEX and Egroups for being there, and
>for being such a GREAT resource to the members.
>
>Hats off to the moderator of NAFEX!!
>
>Regards,
>Tom
>--
>Thomas Olenio
>Ontario, Canada
>Hardiness Zone 6a

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175 001
INDIA.
Phone:01905-22810 Mobile: 98160-22810 Fax;01905-25419
E-mail; parmarch@vsnl.com

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/975468316/