nafex - [nafex] Harvested email addresses--WARNING IS GIVEN

  • From: "Greg Miller" <gsmiller@cet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Harvested email addresses--WARNING IS GIVEN
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:28:35 -0800

The possibility has been raised of someone "harvesting" email
addresses for distribution of unsolicited commercial messages
(spam).

So that the matter is clear to all, when an email address is included
with a message on the NAFEX email list, it is posted as a
convenience for anyone who wishes to respond directly to that
person. Direct responses should be reserved for responses to
messages that are off topic, personal asides, etc. Most of the time
responding to the entire list is the preferred action.

The inclusion of someone's email address should not be construed
as an invitation to receive other messages, especially commercial
solicitations.

WARNING IS GIVEN. Further complaints from NAFEX list members
may jeopardize membership on the NAFEX email list.

If you feel that your email address has been targeted for DIRECT
spamming, let me know so that I can evaluate the matter.

Thank you.

Regards,

Greg Miller
NAFEX email list administrator

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/0/_/423498/_/974942975/

  • [nafex] Harvested email addresses--WARNING IS GIVEN, Greg Miller, 11/22/2000