nafex - Re: [nafex] Using Water for Freeze Protection

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Using Water for Freeze Protection
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:34:51 -0500

Gordon and Dan and Victoria,
Many thanks for your information. I have used Maxi-Crop spray before to
protect foliage, and it seems to work when temps remain above 30F. I've
also used water jugs filled with hot water with great success, too. I think
Gordon may be right about packing it in for the season. I'm going to pick
all the winter squash, peppers, tomatoes and declare the melons and
raspberries a lost cause. I was going to try applying a fine mist of water
throughout the nights to save them, but it seems like it won't do much good
since we will have temperatures in the low to mid 20's.
Doreen Howard

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/15/_/423498/_/970763756/