nafex - Re: [nafex] Bark Inversion

  • From: jim <jmc1@epix.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bark Inversion
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:37:14 +0000

Jack, I would prefer June or July, although it should be possible whenever the
bark is slipping freely. The broader the band inverted, the greater the
dwarfing effect . Remember that the cambium is several cells thick, and then
when you pull off the bark, some cambium adheres to the bark and some to the
wood. That adhering to the wood carries the original polarity and will very
soon begin producing new phloem cells. This will quite soon wipe out the
effects of inversion. To avoid this, scrape the wood before replacing your
bark.

Jim Cummins
Geneva

Jack Wigal wrote:

> Fellow Nafexers,
> Several months ago Gordon Nofs published an interesting article about
> dwarfing trees. I was especially interested in the part about bark inversion
> and would like to know when is the best time of year to do it?
>
> Jack Wigal
> Washington, WV
> Z-6

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/8012/0/_/423498/_/966198614/

  • Re: [nafex] Bark Inversion, jim, 08/13/2000