nafex - [nafex] elderberry goo

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] elderberry goo
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:32:34 -0600

Bumper crop of elderberries this year, (but almost no grapes) so Im turning a
lot of the berries into wine. Now my question is this. Whenever I make wine
out of elderberries I get a green goo, almost as sticky as glue, & it deposits
on all of the winemaking glasswear & the strainer bag.... Seems like some
sort
of tannic compound. What is it & is there anyway to avoid producing it, &
anyway to get it off short of scraping or alcohol..

These berries are from bear creek, I believe they are York, & suckering
profusely which we are gladly spreading around our various plantings.

miekal

dreamtime village | zone 4 WI

Thinking about buying a house? Start with the Power of Yes.
It's put thousands of people into the homes of their choice.
Now it's your turn. Get your "Yes" at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/7763/0/_/423498/_/966011511/