nafex - Re: [nafex] Sour Grapes, Sweet Corn

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Sour Grapes, Sweet Corn
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 22:03:21 -0700

Rather than cut the vines, which can stimulate new vegetative growth that
you don't want to have at this time of year, do some leaf pulling - pick off
leaves just around the fruit clusters to let more light to them. This
doesn't really help them sweeten any more, but it can help them dry off
after rain to reduce the likelyhood of disease.
-Lon Rombough

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/423498/_/965884125/