nafex - Re: [nafex] moonglow & Flemish beauty pears

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: Greg Miller <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] moonglow & Flemish beauty pears
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:10:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

How much have you thinned the fruit already (how much space between each
fruit)?

You have two choices;

a) thin fruit further and prop branches

b) leave fruit and watch branches break

I know what I would consider the bigger "sob".

Anyone have a recipe for under ripe pears? Could they be used in apple
butter for filler?

Regards,
tom
--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Helga and Bert Dunn wrote:

> Hello all
> The moonglow is sagging with fruit. I removed those with a slight blemish,
> however- still sagging. Should I cull a lot more beautiful fruit (sob) or
> prop the tree limbs?
>
> About 40' away is a Flemish Beauty pear, sparse fruit, much of it with
> severe cracks. This damaged fruit I removed. Why is this fruit cracking
> which moongow & another variety are not?
>
> Many thanks
>

> Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
> HARDY GRAPES-NO PURE VINIFERA
> temporary website www.sentex.net/~tolenio/hardyg
>
> permanent website approx. Spt 01.00
> www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/423498/_/965851820/

  • Re: [nafex] moonglow & Flemish beauty pears, Thomas Olenio, 08/09/2000