nafex - Re: [nafex] [Fwd: Search for Origin of Paducah]

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com, mcapple@surfsouth.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] [Fwd: Search for Origin of Paducah]
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:56:34 -0500

I'm afraid I can't offer much, if Ed Fackler, Henry Converse, and John
Strang don't have the info, but James & Bernice Lawson, at Ball Ground, GA
offer Paducah(Paduckah) from their nursery. Their description is as follows:
"These are very hardy trees that are resisstant to many diseases that
attack apples. It is a very fine summer apple and one of the best. It
holds up real well for a summer apple and is excellent for eating fresh or
for cooking."

Mr. Lawson may have some additional information on it; try contacting him
at 770-893-2141

Good growing,
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6