nafex - Re: [nafex] Food dehydrater

  • From: "Bruce & Joyce" <markie-ct@mail.ionet.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Food dehydrater
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 01:01:38 -0000

Hair dryers are serious energy users. I took the heating element out of my
incubator (smaller than 2x2x4, but I haven't measured it. It holds about 200
chicken eggs) and replaced it with a 40 watt light bulb. It still stays off
more
than it is on. Keeps the box at 99 deg. f. with no problem. I would try a 60
watt bulb and some sort of diffuser to spread the heat, but no fan. At least
start.

Joyce

>Do you reckon a 500W hair drier would be too hot? They are cheap (almost
>free
at
>yardsales 8-) )and have the fan and heating element integrated.

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/0/_/423498/_/962517499/