nafex - Re: [nafex] Grinder Details

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Grinder Details
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:14:32 -0400

Hi Claude & Tom
I have used this very press for a number of years, doing approx 40 gallons
on cider in an afternoon (mind you we had a few bodies to assist).
Our miller does not make a what I believe is a slurry
however if milled in the morning and allowed to sit in vats for a few hours
the % of juice one recovers is more than if you just mill and press. We have
almost no pulp squeeze thro the slats. When we pull the sides off the press,
the "cake" stands there without sag. Perhaps this says we do not mill fine
enough.
Cheers

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
HARDY GRAPES-NO PURE VINIFERA